We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
This position is to supervise, train, and support inspection personnel. Responsible for the administration of policies and procedures in the Quality Control Department. Serves as Quality Control Manager and acts on his behalf when required.
• Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
• Provide guidance for the QC Inspector team and the QC department to Assure all work performed is in accordance with approved manuals, including Maintenance Procedures Manual.
• Assist the Manager with department scheduling and assignments of Inspectors.
• Assist other departments within maintenance to correct discrepancies on completed documents and provide feedback to the individuals involved.
• Review and submit inspection procedures and methods which would improve the quality of maintenance.
• Review procedures and work instructions with other departments to determine Quality Control requirements.
• Manage and establish performance standards for inspection personnel and provide examinations and authorization of inspection personnel
• Assure Inspectors possess the necessary qualifications for execution of their duties.
• Assist with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) liaison involving Maintenance and Engineering including FAA correspondence and reports.
• Development & implementation of inspection procedures and methods which would improve the quality of maintenance.
• Perform detailed audits of paperwork and Aircraft maintenance procedures.
• Assist in managing the receiving of parts and materials used in the repair, alteration, overhaul of SWA aircraft, components and parts.
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
6 years of equivalent work experience
Years of Experience
Transport category maintenance experience
Quality Control experience, airline industry specific preferred
Inspector at a 121/135 carrier or military aircraft experience
NDT experience using Borescope, Ultrasonic, and Eddy Current
• Airframe and Powerplant license required.
• Must have corrected 20/25 vision in at least one eye and adequate hearing to facilitate inspection process.
• Must be able to work in a confined or cramped space for extended periods of time.
Manufacture maintenance requirements, FAA Regulations and Regulatory programs, Airworthiness Limitations (AWLS)
Ability using Microsoft products, multiple computer technologies and windows based applications
• Working knowledge of Maintenance Procedures Manual, aircraft related documents and manuals, aircraft paperwork procedures such as log page and non-routines, and CFR 121 applicable FAA regulations
• Must be able to effectively communicate and or present issues and solutions to all levels of leadership.
• Must possess the ability to read and understand technical documents and their ability to meet intent of the maintenance program
• Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to adjust schedules based upon changing priorities.
• Ability to identify the right people for the task and provide on-going coaching to ensure strong Teams.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Must be able to delegate as well as lead multiple tasks simultaneously and follow up through completion.
• Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be able to travel with some overnight stays, up to 10% time
• Must be able to work any shift including Days, Evenings and Graveyards at any time.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please print/save the job description because it won't be available after you apply.